Philips has officially unveiled Aurora i966 as the company’s latest flagship smartphone in China. It comes with a 5.5-inch (2460×1440 pixels) Quad-HD display. With 2.5D arch glass, slim bezels with 63.8% screen-to-body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass protection, the high-end smartphone is powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC) processor with Adreno 330 GPU.
The Philips i966 Aurora runs on Alibaba’s YunOS. 3.0 (based on Android), sports a 20.7-megapixel Sony IMX220 Exmor RS sensor with 6-element lens camera, with f/1.8 aperture and a front-facing of 8MP with f/1.2 aperture. It packs 3GB RAM, 32GB built-in storage and a 3000mAh battery.
The smartphone announced with a fingerprint sensor on its back that has high sensivity to work with wet hands either and it has integrated with Sabre ES9018 DAC chip.
Philips i966 Aurora Features and Specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC) processor
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory
- YunOS 3.0 OS based on Android
- Dimensions – 1523x76x8.2mm
- 20.7MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX220 Exmor RS BSI sensor, f/1.8 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Philips i966 Aurora will be available to buy in Black color . Priced in China at 3699 Chinese Yuan (Rs. 37,000 / US$600) Estimated.