About Microsoft Safety Scanner : To remove Virus, Spyware and other Malicious Software, Microsoft has developed a Security Tool – Microsoft Safety Scanner, that provides on-demand scanning and helps for free. Microsoft provides this Security Tool for Download Free of Cost. Another notable feature in MS Safety Scanner is that it works along with your existing Anti-Virus Software.
Important Note : Actually, Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days After Download and to rerun a scan with the latest Anti-Malware definitions, just Download Microsoft Safety Scanner and run Again.
My Opinion About Microsoft Safety Scanner :
I tried MS Safety Scanner. It is better(not so perfect). It was able to detect some malicious software (which were not detected by other security tools) running on my PC and get them fixed. Microsoft provides an executable file for download and so installation and setup are not required. It is tidious to download the updates for MS Safety Scanner as you have to download the complete 70+ MB file every 10 days.
The Options availbale for Scan are:
* Quick scan – Likely spots that malware might be lurking
* Full scan – Whole system … just in case
* Customized scan – Scan a specific folder
DrawBacks of MS Safety Scanner :
* There are no updates provided for the tool – you have to redownload the package
* The download is only valid for 10 days, after which you have to redownload the package
* The progress bar seems to mean nothing
Now you can visit this Microsoft link to Download the Safety Scanner and use this on your system with 32-bit or 64-bit.