HTC Desire 820 and Desire 820q With Android 4.4 KitKat Launched In India
Finally, HTC has officially launched Desire 820 with Octa-Core and Desire 820q with Dual-Core Soc, as not the company’s mid-range smartphones in India. Both the handsets features a 5.5-inch 1280 x 720 pixels) display and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box.
HTC’s Desire 820 and Desire 820q Dual-SIM smartphones comes with HTC Sense UI on top, which can be upgradable to the latest version of Android, 5.0 Lollipop.
The Desire 820 is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset (four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.5 GHz per core and four clocked at 1.0 GHz) with Adreno 405 GPU and paired with a 2GB of RAM. Whereas the Desire 820q is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor Snapdragon 410 processor and coupled with a 1GB of RAM.
Tow new HTC Desire handsets sports a 13-megapixel rear camera and flaunt with an 8MP front-facing sensor on borad alongside a dual front BoomSound speakers as well.
At the launch, Chia-Lin Chang, President of Global Sales and Chief Financial Officer, HTC, said,
Our new HTC Desire model gives entertainment lovers exactly what they are looking for; a powerful, fast, stylish smartphone that delivers their favourite content on a big screen at a competitive price. With the HTC Desire 820 and HTC Desire 820q, we’ve combined the most advanced technology with the best possible entertainment experience and bold, distinctive design, to deliver a handset that is both desirable and affordable.
HTC Desire 820 / Desire 820q Dual SIM Features and Specs
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- HTC Desire 820 – Octa-Core (1.5 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- HTC Desire 820q – 1.2 quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU (Desire 820q)
- 1GB (Desire 820q) / 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 with HTC Sense 6 UI, upgradable to Android 5.0
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- 8 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.74mm thick and weighs 155 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 820 costs Rs. 24,990 and the Desire 820q priced at Rs. 22,500 will be available to buy in a range of colors in India, starting November 5th.