The Pangu team has released an untethered iOS 8 – 8.1 jailbreak when we expected it and the Chinese group has finally after with the impromptu iOS 7.1.x jailbreak now came with another solution for the all-new iOS 8.x. Remind you again about the newly delivered Pangu8, it works with iOS 8 all the way through to the latest iOS 8.1, and below, we’ll be showing you how to jailbreak your device using the tool.
First off when the last Pangu jailbreak utility hit the scene, it wasn’t completely refined and these steps for information purposes, please do note that you might not be successful at this point in time.
Before jailbreaking starts, it’s important to note:
* Pangu currently does not install Cydia by default, but can be installed manually for iOS 8 until Pangu team updates the tool which bundles the Cydia installer. If SHHing is not concerned, it is best to stay away and wait for Pangu to release updated tool which includes Cydia for iOS 8.x.
* Before jailbreaking, you have to turn off any lock screen passcode or Touch ID (Settings – General – Touch ID & Passcode – turn off Simple Passcode) as well as Find My iPhone (Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone), and naturally, your device will need to have spare storage space in order to run Pangu in the first place.
* Must have an iTunes restored version of iOS 8 / 8.1 installed on your device for the jailbreak scene. If you updated from iOS 7.x to 9.x via OTA, then the jailbreak won’t work. You can now download iOS 8.1 from here, and restore using iTunes.
* Make sure to backup your device completely before proceeding either through iTunes or using iCloud (Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and turn on iCloud Backup).
* You must have iTunes 12.0.1 or later installed on your PC before you can even begin. And, it should also be running in background when the jailbreak process is taking place.
* Suppported devices: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (2,3,4, Air and Air 2, mini 1, mini 2, mini 3 and iPod touch 5G). No! iPhone 4 isn’t supported either with running iOS 8 or this jailbreak.
* Supported firmwares: 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1
The least iOS 8.1 supports this untethered jailbreak. Now, follow our tutorial below.
Note: the tool only works on Windows, OS X version will be out at later date soon.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8 / 8.1 Untethered Using Pangu
Step 1: Download Pangu for Windows from here.
Step 1: Right-click on the Pangu icon and click on Run as Administrator.
Step 3: With Pangu up and running, connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your PC using USB.
Step 4: Click on the chechbox that says PP to uncheck it.
Step 5: Press on this big blue button in the center of the display to begin the jailbreak process. Your device will reboot couple of times during the process so, don’t panic.
Step 6: Once the jailbreaking completes, you’ll see a new Pangu icon on your iOS device’s home screen. It’s there to confirm that the jailbreak was successful.
Saying it again, Pangu won’t install Cydia on your device as yet. We will be showing you another tutorial on how to install Cydia in a seperate guide. Stay tuned.