Now, it is possible to Run Mac OS X Lion on Hackintosh PC. Here is the Guide to Install OS X Lion 10.7 on Hackintosh PC. Many of them who have built a Hackintosh PC from scratch are waiting to upgrade their systems and enjoy the newness of Mac Lion.
Before starting, make sure that you have the Tech specs and apps required to upgrade. Also make sure that your PC is running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or later.
* 8GB free on your Hard Drive(4GB needs to be available in “/Applications”)
* Intel Core 2 Duo(minimum), 64-bit CPU
* The lion Installer, which you can Download from the Mac App Store for $29.99
* Your system must be defined as Mac Pro 3,1. If not, you will need to use Multibeast to change it to 3,1. If you are unsure what your system is defined as, go to System Profile and look under Model Identifier.
* Also, you need a Tonymac’s xMove Tool, latest vrsion of Chimera Bootloader.Although if you are using Chameleon, again you can use Multibeast to replace it with Chimera. Just look under “Drivers & Bootloaders > Bootloaders”
Steps to Install Mac OS X Lion 10.7 on Hackintosh PC:
Step 1 – Download Mac Lion from the Mac App Store
* Just Boot into your Sn0w Leopard Version and Download Mac OS X Lion from the Mac App Store.
* When the OS X Lion Installer Launches, click on continue and Install Lion in the partition where Sn0w Leopard is Installed.(This wont install Lion, but installs only the necessary files required for the installation)
* Now, reboot your PC.
Step 2 – Prepare Installer Partition
* Boot back into Sn0w Leopard and open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.
* In the left column, select the drive on which you have installed Sn0w Leopard.
* Next, click on the partition tab and then click on plus(+) sign to add a new partition.
Step 3 – How to Use xMove
* Download xMove.
* Fire up xMove and choose the “Installer” drive as the destination. Do Not Choose any other Drive.
* Click continue.
Step 4 – Boot from Installer & Install OS X Lion
* Reboot your PC and now, at Chimera boot screen, choose “Installer”.
*Now, a screen appears which looks familiar to the Mac OS X Installer.Continue installation of Lion over Sn0w Leopard partition or any other empty partition(It’s your choice).
Step 5 – Setting Up your Hackintosh with MultiBeast
* Download MultiBeast
* Run MultiBeast. If you’re on a PC which is running on top of an Intel Core 2 Duo or the latest Core i5/i7 processor, simply choose EasyBeast. Running a custom PC? Then click on UserDSDT.
* Install the drivers needed, such as Graphics, Sound, Ethernet etc.
* Once done, select “System Utilities” option and reboot into OS X Lion.
Once rebooted, the Lion Installer will appear in the Chimera Boot Menu. Select that as your option and you’ll boot into the OS X installer, from which you can update your Sn0w Leopard partition normally.
This is it, and you have your Hackintosh PC Running OS X Lion. Via